Skilled Labourer/General Hand
Quake Protected is looking for a skilled labourer with experience to perform and adhere to specific tasks around the installations of seismic restraints and fixings.
If you have building / labouring experience, are good with your hands and are a quick learner, then this is the opportunity for you. We pay the living wage and believe in a solid work life balance.
Our team specializes in quake proofing non-structural interiors such as ceilings, air con, lighting, cable trays, speakers, furniture etc. with seismic restraints.
You will be required to travel where required throughout New Zealand with a team and be flexible in working day and/or night shifts depending on the project.
You must have a can do attitude and always perform safe work practice on site including reading and understanding a SSSP (Site Specific Safety Plan) and toolbox meetings.
A full clean driver's license is preferred and the ability to listen and follow instructions from a team leader is important.
Our team is looking for a hard worker to join our team and be passionate about what we do.
Start date: ASAP.
- Ensures adherence to health and safety requirements and safe work procedures/practices.
- Use appropriate tools/materials for specific jobs.
- Maintain a clean & tidy work area.
- Adhere to Quality Assurance procedure.
- Ensure a high level of personal presentation always.
- Clean & prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities.
- Erect & dismantle mobile scaffolding and temporary structures appropriate for specific jobs.
- Communicate with supervisors and co-workers to provide accurate information when needed.
- Perform general physical activities including heavy lifting and safe handling of materials and equipment.
- Safely maneuver and handle moving objects and equipment.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention when given instructions and asking questions when unsure.
- Operation Monitoring- Being aware of all aspects of machinery being used to ensure they are being used and maintained appropriately.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills- Communicating with team members and others effectively. Understanding plans and other instructional materials.
- Social Perceptiveness- Being aware of and understanding others within the team.
- Problem Solving- Analyzing information and situations to solve problems where appropriate.
- Attention to Detail- Maintaining high standards of detail when completing work tasks.
- Dependability- Being reliable, responsible and dependable.
- Cooperation- Working well within a team environment by displaying a good-natured and cooperative attitude. Helping others when necessary to work towards a common goal.
- Self-Control- Maintain composure and avoid aggressive behavior, even in difficult situations.
- Flexibility- Being open to change and considerable variety in the workplace.
If this interests you and you believe you have the skills and attitude to be a positive member of our team then please submit a cover letter and resume here.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa